Re: DG Script question

From: Patrick Vale (patrick@australia.edu)
Date: 05/14/00

I am trying to make a script for an object that shows a message to the wearer/wielder
but echoes a message to the room. Basically this is what I want to see (If possible)
Schmuckatelly wears a clown hat of infravision to char: Upon wearing the hat
your eyes glow red. to room: Schmuckatelly's eyes glow red. I am able to do
the first part, but I can't figure out if there is a variable that will work
for the second part, I've tried %name%, %actor%, %victim%. I don't want to hard
code the name in the script for obvious reasons. Zarius

You need to use variable fields here. The one you are looking for I think is
%actor.name%, have a nice day :)

Patrick (aka Silvanus of "Legends of Toril")