Re: [Circle] Spell combinations

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 05/25/00

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Wes Young wrote:

> Here's what i'm looking to implement just dunno where to start or how to
> attempt this code. first off i got events...so first part shouldnt be to
> hard.
                >example snipped<

        If you already have an event system, which ever one you have - it
would be time for you to use it for the 'cast' command.  If you want to
include the ability to be interrupted, then just write/make sure that you
can remove events.  Should be pretty simple.

> I would like to also implement or try to, anyway
        > example for combinatorial type spells <

        Well, theres alot of ways to do this, but none of them match your
example.  This is because two casters cannot cast a spell 'at the same
time'.  It's just not possible.  It's barely likely that you'll even get
it in the same second.  So, to put this in, first, determine all the
spells which will be joined together, and then write a command analgous to
group; only include the spell the character is casting.  Once you have
enough spells to cast one of the combanitorial spells, start the spell
event, and wait.

                                                        PjD