Re: [LIST] Bye ppl

From: Andrew Ritchie (ritchie@pacific.net.au)
Date: 06/01/00

On Friday, June 02, 2000 at 8:17 AM Allan Hangaard said:

>     Well I think it's time I get off this list again, heven't
> been on here
> much more than 3 weeks, and all I see around here is more or less newbie
> coders who wants things done for them... Why at all code a MUD
> if you don't
> even know C??

I understand that the bulk of the discussions on the CircleMUD Mailing List
are newbie related, but isn't that to be expected?  CircleMUD markets
itself (from where I'm standing) as simple yet sturdy codebase that is
easily expandable for Hack n' Slash type MUDs.  I know I joined this list
as a dummy in C, as I was attracted by the simple codebase that I could
manipulate easily.

This will not change in the future -- the very nature of the CircleMUD
Mailing List is to provide a forum where people can ask questions about the
codebase.  Let's face it -- if everyone on here was proficient in C, then
there would be no questions asked!

Can I suggest to you and anyone else in your position to join the MUD-Dev
mailing list.  I have been a member for a few weeks now, and find the
discussions quite mature and interesting.  They do not speak about code
snippets or what you can do on this codebase that you can't do on this, but
more general game design.

Regards,

---
Andrew Ritchie