Re: [ADMIN] CircleMud Port to BeOS ??

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 06/02/00

        If you're really terribly concrned with getting circlemud to work
on Be, I can whip that up - when I have spare time to do so.  Recently,
spare time is rare.  Of course, if you're just hobbying, I shan't bother.

        Btw, BeOS is a new unix-feel OS built with an eye towards GUI+Multimedia -
a step away from the standard unix architechture.  It's not specifically
new, but it is under sold.  It also has a system developed entirely in
c++, in a real object oriented way.  v.5, (codename Hawaii) is out, and
aside from supporting full posix compliance, it also includes ELF
binaries, as well as having free libraries full of coding tools.  It's not
a open source system, like linux - it's a free OS, but the source is
closed.  Like linux, the developers have more reign over the project than
the marketing department.  It's doubtfull any of them are mud-enthusaists
though, even the one with the minibar in his cube/office.

                                                PjD