Re: Displaying the log file "in game"

From: Axiem (axiem@swbell.net)
Date: 06/28/00

Well, "syslog complete" is a nifty command...
But if you want to view the actual syslog? Hmm. My idea is to have a
command (like events or somesuch) which has an argument of a number,
which is the number of log entries you want read. Every time the command
is called, just read syslog into memory, and spit out the last
<argument> entries.
Of course, you could turn it into a "view entries from X to Y" type of
thing. There's a lot of stuff you could do with this.
Could be a rather useful godcommand if implemented properly. Just make
sure to try to make it portable to other OSes aside from *nixes.

But wouldn't be a bad thing if implemented, at least

-Axiem