Re: Slackware 7 Crypt Problems

From: Elwartowski, William (Elwartows_WL@rscc.cc.tn.us)
Date: 07/06/00

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Buckley [mailto:caniffe@CANIFFE.ORG]
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2000 4:08 AM
To: elwartows_wl@mailsrv.rscc.cc.tn.us
Subject: [CIRCLE] Slackware 7 Crypt Problems

Hello,

Has anyone using Slackware 7 found a way to remedy their apparrent
native crypt problems with CircleMUD?  I know that by trial and error
installing the DES-crypt addon resolves it immediately, but thus have
been told DES-crypt isn't the crypt I want "these days".  Is there some
special trick to fix the problem (which needless to say, provides a seg
fault on stock Circle bpl17), or am I stuck with installing the addon at
some stage?

--
Julian "Caniffe" Buckley
http://www.caniffe.org

I just re-compiled my libc with crypt in it.  It works fine now.