Re: [CODE] [NEWBIE]? MXP - tough luck telnet users?

From: StormeRider (silk@ici.net)
Date: 07/12/00

>*snip*
>
>You're not so dumb, really.  MXP is just what Zugg decided to work on after
>he realized MSP was pitiful.  He's actually writing the protocol how I'd
>like it to work now, and it isn't triggered like !!SOUND(...) anymore.  Yay!

As long as multiple MUD clients support it, I personally don't care what the
trigger looks like. :) Since people who support it, after all, aren't going
to see
it.

>Hrm, should write something more relevant...
>
>Oh, I got something:  the only difficulty I have with MXP now, is that we'll
>all have to pay for zMUD to make use of it, and you'd cut out a huge part of
>your player base if you relied on MXP to do a lot of your dirty work[1].

Who said you'd have to rely on zMUD? If, and I know Daniel Koepke disagrees,
it's a good standard, then others will implement either it or portions of it. I
personally think that a future conversion from an HTML-based system to an
XML based system would be very easy after implementing MXP in the first
place.

Personally, I've been thinking about working on a GNOME-based MUD client
for a bit, and the gtkHtml widget set would be perfect for this type of
operation.

--SR

--
StormeRider             "Peace favor your code."
thelastsunrise.net 9000 (http://www.thelastsunrise.net)