Re: {newbie?} OLC

From: StormeRider (silk@ici.net)
Date: 07/20/00

At 02:54 PM 7/20/00 -0400, you wrote:
>         Can you assign a person to more than one zone at a time using OLC
>(Version 2.0.x) ?  If so, how?
>
>         Bobby

The standard OLC does not allow you to do this. However, what I did
was replace all checks for OLC permission with a call to check_olc_auth().
I added a "homezone" variable to the pfile.

This is my check_olc_auth function:

/*
  * Let's make a common function to check for authorization to edit via OLC,
  * why don't we? -SR 2/17/00
  */

bool check_olc_auth (int zone, struct char_data *ch)
{
   if (GET_LEVEL(ch) >= LVL_GRGOD)
      return TRUE;

   if (zone == GET_OLC_ZONE(ch))
      return TRUE;

   if (zone == GET_HOME_ZONE(ch))
      return TRUE;

   return FALSE;
}

Mangle to taste. :)

--SR

--
StormeRider             "Peace favor your code."
thelastsunrise.net 9000 (http://www.thelastsunrise.net)