Re: [NEWBIE][CODE] D&D 3rd Edition

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 08/17/00

> current goal:  (please let me know if this are even possible)
>
> 1) one feature of 3e that i really like was the ability to add a class
>    or improve a class when you gained a level.
>
>         i.e.) Level 1 Wizard Joe Adventurer just gained a level and now
> wishes to 'multiclass' and also be a level 1 Fighter. (maybe have this
> as a 'level point' that you can go find a guildmaster and train in your
> current class or find somewhere to train and add a new class so you
> would be a level 1 fighter and a level 1 wizard.)

        Sure. Why not?

        Just have something pointing at the currently active class, and
you'll probably want to change your IS_MAGE or whatever macros so they act
on a bitvector or the like.  Search the mailing list archives for
'multiclass' and you'll see indepth messages of how to do this sort of
thing.

>         is it possible to have a whole zone to load in a semi random
> location after each boot?  say i want zone 10 room 10 to either link
> with room 11, 200, 82, 2121, etc.

        Sure.  Why not?

        You'll need to code it of course, but it's not a huge deal.  Just
be careful manually setting the exits of a room to the _rnum_ of the
target room. Too many times, people use vnum, and that's not right :)

        These are both possible.  For the most part, if you can imagine
it, it's possible - the problem is just sitting down and writing it.

                                                        PjD