Re: [code] Looking for:

From: StormeRider (silk@ici.net)
Date: 08/25/00

At 09:44 PM 8/25/00 -0400, you wrote:
> > Problem with this is I have absolutly no idea what to do. Im wondering
> > if anyone else has been successful in adding anything like this with the
> > bpl17 version. As to whenever I seem to add something new, I get errors
> > because (I assume) what I am adding is too old and needs some tweaking to
> > make it work.
> >
> > If possible, can someone whos done this before, direct me to where they
> > got what they used?
>
>It's not a code submission list.  We don't take requests ;)
>
>There's some 350 programmers on this list; but they're not here to
>request/fufill code - they're here to _discuss_ it.  The idea is that most
>of us (*cough*notme*cough*) have a decent grasp on their own code, and will
>discuss how to go about improving it here.
>
>So, for future reference, please try to avoid assuming that we're going to
>write your code, and instead try to ask for ideas on how to approach your
>problem.  You're sure to get a better response that way anyways.

I think he wasn't per se asking someone to write it for him. More along the
lines
of asking:

a.) Has anyone done this?

and

b.) What resources did they use to do so?

To me, these questions show a lot more insight into this mailing list than
"where
can I find a (patch|snippet) for XYZ code?"

I've not done this yet, but plan to. If you search through the archives,
search for
"appearance" and/or "introduction" as keywords.

I also saw a site that had the theory behind it and some rough code, but
was more
of a tutorial than example code. Lemme see if I can find it...

Can't seem to find it. I think it was a ROM-based site, but the principles
still apply.
Ahh well, off to the list archives with you. :)

--StormeRIder