Re: [code] Looking for:

From: Shay (
Date: 08/26/00

At 07:00 PM 8/25/2000 Friday, you wrote:
>Currently Im running circlemudbpl17.
>Im looking to add in an introduction system which only store
>so many names a character can remember before they forget the
>With this Im looking to add with it, short descs, and long descs.
>ex: A short, fat warrior (short)
>     A short, fat warrior scans the area for trouble. (long)
>if you know the person:
>    Bob, a short, fat warrior is (get_position).
>Problem with this is I have absolutly no idea what to do. Im wondering
>if anyone else has been successful in adding anything like this with the
>bpl17 version. As to whenever I seem to add something new, I get errors
>because (I assume) what I am adding is too old and needs some tweaking to
>make it work.
>If possible, can someone whos done this before, direct me to where they
>got what they used?

Your looking for a design that allows for Matrix's, from what I gather.  Not
a simple task, even with Ascii.  Even with short term memory, you would need
some sort of array that stores recall variables for each individual, cross
with, again, each individual.  ie. a matrix.   If you get this working, Id
love to
see it.

Course, If im mistaken in your idea, just ignore me... ;)  or others.. hehehe..

     |  |