Re: [Circle] Query

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 09/26/00

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Patrick Dughi wrote:

>        That is, is there anything actually stopping anyone from taking
>all those files, removing the '$~'->EOF marker, and putting them all in
>one single file together?

Changing one item/mobile/room forces a rewrite of every other such object
in the world.  That is, unless you like rewriting 768kB (stock CircleMUD
wld/) on every change to a room.

That little problem alone is enough for me to not consider it.  Now if you
wanted to use a Berkeley database or other such storage, then you'd be
crazy to have separate files.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org