Re: OLC Redit Fix

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 11/05/00

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, nate wrote:

>We all know how you keep getting output from a room you were in when
>someone started editing it, and it will crash your mud if you go to that
>room. We had already made a fix for this, however it was insufficient to
>say the least, so we worked on it a bit more and came up with this
>solution.

Which OasisOLC and CircleMUD versions? Crash backtraces available?

The code tries to handle that situation nor should you ever need to kick
people out of the room while editing.  Any changes to the room should be
unnoticeable until the edit is finished, in which case it's 'atomic' to the
rest of the people anyway.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org