Re: [CIRCLE] CircleMUD.Net

From: mail.namezero.com (bamud@lanpartypdx.net)
Date: 12/27/00

 > >as far as your active and inactive scripting the best way i can think of
 > >is to have the participating people add a line at the top of ther
 > >greeting saying
 > >
 > >I am part of the CIRCLEMUD MUD SERVER LIST at
 > >http://fhdssahkljjjjdjsakjsaljsfafjsd
 > >
 > >so the script can look for that. because we all know just because the
 port
 > >opens doesnt mean the mud works or is up. [...]
>
 > I could just have the script read the greeting and search for
 > CircleMUD.  Everyone is supposed to have that in there anyway.
 >
 > Currently it just opens the socket and is happy with connected/refused.

 two of the reasons that i said the url would be to let people know that the
person
 participates in the program and let them know where it is hoated that way
people
 can explore other mud options and bring more trafic to the site. Also it is
probably
 a good idea to search for both as an incentive to give credit where credit
is due because
 there are alott of muds that do not have that in there greeting as i have
seen. this in my
opinion would be healthy for the mud comunity.

and also the mud owner would be able to deactivate his listing by simply
removing
that from his greeting.

if i were you i would also add a delete after 10 days of inactivity