Re: CircleMUD.Net

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 12/27/00

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Zeavon wrote:

>That's not always reliable. Most people put the required text up front,
>but it does not have to be there. It just has to be part of the login
>sequence, which means that it can be placed after the username/password
>prompts or just before the menu (or even as part of the menu) that you
>use to enter the game.

Considering my script won't login, I'm going to require it somewhere prior
to the first user input.  Just put the "based on CircleMUD" message
somewhere before the first input (including ANSI? prompts) and you'll be
fine.

In fact, I've now decided I hate doing this by hand; that's what programs
should do.  Therefore, I'm going to have a script automatically check each
MUD every day.  Down for 14 days, the entry goes inactive.  If it is down
for 28 days, it'll be removed.