Re: World file security (offline editor issues)

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 12/29/00

> Had an after thought on the security issue. Would it be possible to setup
> something in the editor that only allows it's creator to d/l it? I mean this
> would solve problems of security and if the creator wanted to send to
> someone else so be it. This would keep overzealous little sticky fingers
> from taking your muds work and calling thier, while still allowing them to
> build on your MUD using the editor..

        This is one part of the previous message I posted. I'm so _glad_
that you took to time to do more than just skim the contents...:P

        Yes, as I suggested, whatever method of OLC permissions you use on
your mud should be those which determine wich zones you have write, and
potentially read access to.  It's not the idea that I'm worried - or
asking about, it's how to incorporate as many of the assumptions I made in
my previous post, or how to determine if one or many of them is not worth
the effort it would require to get it working.

                                        PjD