Re: [CODE] do_dig modifications for OasisOLC

From: Peter Ajamian (peter@pajamian.dhs.org)
Date: 01/09/01

George Greer wrote:

> I think he took my "check for clobbering existing exits" as "don't allow
> overwriting exits."  I really meant "remember to clean up the previous exit
> if you overwrite it."

Yeah, I figured as much.  If memory serves me correctly the original dig
and copyto have the same problem (memory leak if you use them on
existing rooms and/or exits).  Of a moe serious note than the memory
leak even is the lack of any checks to make sure that the builder is
only using the command in his assigned zone.  I could destroy a MUDs
world by presenting myself as a builder and once given permissions all I
have to do is copyto the description on one room to every other room in
the mud, then goto each room and dig all the exits to -1 (a script in
zMUD could do this very easily for me).

I learned this the hard way before fixing the problem in my own MUD.

Regards, Peter