Re: [IDEA] Global on/off values

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/09/01

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Lord Kyu wrote:

>"Daniel A. Koepke" wrote:
>>
>> BTW, anyone have any idea what "boosting dr/hr untill they level" is
>> supposed to mean?  I think if we can crack that code, it'll become clear.
>
>   Mortal player slang for damroll and hitroll.  Meaning they wish to
>use this toggle to up the players hitroll and damroll until a point is
>reached when the player levels.

I believe part of the problem was the oddity (and grammar) of the request
for having a player command to boost something like that until a level.
(why level then?)  Anyway, I guessed he wanted HitRate and DamageRate which
was just my mental fudging of HitRoll and DamageRoll.  Same thing. :P

>   Side note.  I have often been under the impression that the
>programmers do not spend enough time playing in the realm in which they
>code for, and don't always have the feel of everything going on that they
>are changing, or looking to evaluate.

Hm, let's see:
Jeremy: Doubt he plays a MUD much lately.  RealLife(tm) has sucked him in.
Alex: Still runs VieMUD.
Daniel: Dunno.  He could spend 12 hours/day on one for all I know.
Me: Played MUDs for years, ran one for years, but it's been years.

Incognito research might be fun. (How fun is it to log on and then be
noticed?)