Re: [IDEA] Global on/off values

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/09/01

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Daniel A. Koepke wrote:

>> Incognito research might be fun. (How fun is it to log on and then be
>> noticed?)
>
>It might be fun to act really bizarre and foolish while claiming you are
>who you are. . .

I haven't heard of being imitated.  That honor is reserved for Jeremy.

>[1] Maybe I'm influenced by Bradbury and the notion of things at the top
>of the stairs, but it seems to me an attic is more scary than a cellar.
>Especially if it's a stocked wine cellar.

Never been in my attic.  I do find huge patches of CircleMUD for VMS
support scary, but then it's ok because I don't actually have to run it.

Speaking of which (so this e-mail isn't entirely useless), here's the URL
for anyone unlucky enough to have VMS for a MUD:

        http://www.circlemud.org/~greerga/working/openvms-update.patch

I'm grateful for the work of Robert Alan Byer.  However, I do not have any
plans of ever testing said support. :) (Although, the university does have
an OpenVMS machine if I ever felt really dangerous.)

I'll get said patch integrated sometime tomorrow. I hope.