Re: Maintaining Patches (was re: Ascii Pfiles)

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/03/01

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Sammy wrote:

>How about an official circlemud.org (on develper or www) hosting of
>patches?  I would like to start including a web address in future
>versions of ascii pfiles that points to a permanent starting point for
>the current release and any necessary information pertaining to older
>versions.  I may use my ticnet address, but that may not last more than
>another 10 months.

I was thinking of making developer.c.o into something freshmeat-like, which
would be almost what you wanted.  I'm off for a week in a week so perhaps
then. Project page hosting for c.n was one idea, where you'd have something
like:
        http://www.circlemud.net/asciipfiles/
not sure how to do that one though.  A bunch of FTP-only accounts with
.forward perhaps or just e-mail-us-a-tar-file, but we'll have to check with
Jeremy. (For one, authenticated FTP is bad.)

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org