Re: extract_char stuff.

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 03/18/01

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Nielsen wrote:

>> +  if (extractions_pending < 0)
>> +    log("SYSERR: Negative (%d) extractions pending.", extractions_pending);
>
>You might have this return here, otherwise, you will loop through all the
>character_list even though there is an error (extractions_pending is nonzero,
>and --extractions_pending will never make it zero).

I thought of that, but I decided if extractions_pending is negative, we
should probably check the entire character_list anyway.  The fact the
decrement won't ever make it zero (for 2 billion cycles in most cases) is
just handy to make it check everything.  The counter is set to zero upon
exit from the function in case of such corruption.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org