Re: [OFF TOPIC] [LONG] Patches, Mega Bundles and Newbies

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 07/17/01

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Alex wrote:

>> What about a Faq-o-matic type setup for the website?
>bugs.circlemud.org/help/
>
>i'm currently the token maintainer of that (you get there with mail to
>help@circlemud.org), and i don't know all of the answers, so when i don't
>know them, i point people to the potentially relevant faqs or websites.
>*grin* the last couple of people that were helping lost net access, etc
>over the last 6-8 months.

And I'm rather busy trying to pass my final college course ever during the
summer.  I'll pick it back up in September when the other much more
important issues are over with.

>> Since reading through the FAQ seems to be WAY too much work for
>> some people, that might take a little of the load off the mailservers.
>
>how is an fom different than an faq?  honestly?

It's harder to read? Or at least the one I saw was.  There wasn't a "one
big page" option.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org