Re: Multi-hit / attack code

From: Del (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/28/01

Timbrewolf wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've looked all through the archives at a handful of different codes for
> multi-attack / multi-hit (mob and player).  Most of them are a few years old
> and I've seen a handful of messages in the archive about different problems
> with them.
>
> I was just going to see if anyone had a suggestion on a good multihit/attack
> code that covered players and mobs.

I released a multi-hit patch a few years ago that patches in easily.
Check ftp.circlemud.org or developer.circlemud.org it's around there
somewhere. It assigns a variable that can be set for players and mobs
instead of a skill. You can also use it for skills just by working
in something like this in the fight code.
if (!IS_NPC(ch) && SKILL_DOUBLE(ch))
  attack++;
(note this is just an example of the idea, it will have to be coded
 correctly for sure!)

> Also, I looked all through the archives and didn't find any info on sedit
> errors and how to correct them.  It may be something in my code, but I still
> haven't tracked it down.  I'll keep looking :)

Can you explain the exact errors? I am messing around with oasis right now
so I might be able to narrow it down.