Re: some ideas

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 08/02/01

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Mark Smith wrote:

>> In OasisOLC, doing both edit and olc saves at the quit of an edit.
>
>A very crude solution is just to do...
>
>sprintf(buf, "redit save %d", currentzone);
>command_interpreter(ch, buf);
>
>That will "force" them to issue the save command.  Put that in the end
>of the redit code, when it's quitting, after it does all the other
>stuff, and you're good to go.

Urrk! First nauseating code[1], now code to give a heart attack. :)

        save_rooms(OLC_ZNUM(d));

>> Also, being able to assign more than one olc zone to a builder.
>
>My MUD uses a system where we have, basically, a string list of names of
>builders.  If their name is in the list (using a strcmp? not sure, the
>other Imp wrote the code), it says they're allowed to build.  I think
>there is a patch for this out there, though I'm not sure what it's called
>exactly.  Sorry I can't help.

There's something on the FTP site, but I don't know what it is called or
where it's hiding.  I would have assumed /contrib/olc/online but didn't see
anything that would've been it.  It might've been in Del's bundle or you
could just rip out OBuild's system and use that in Oasis.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org

[1] - from offlist discussion