Re: Zones

From: Terry Valladon (tvalladon@eicn.com)
Date: 09/06/01

I just got done doing this. You should leave zone 0. edit spec_assign.c and
remove all of the assigns except for Puff. Also keep in mind that any spells
you have placed in that use specific rooms/mob/objs (summon spells, Forage,
Gate Spells etc) will have to be modifyed. Also comment out the call to boot
up the castle mobs.

I normaly leave zone 0 free of rooms and stuff, using it only for "special"
stuff, such as the summon spells, newbie eq, base foods and waters.

Then you will need to edit config.c and change all the start rooms. I
normaly place them at room 1 (limbo).

You should leave puff because he is used to keep from DC'ing players who are
AFK, though I would set the room to peacefull so a newbie doesant come on
and attack puff.

Then you can begin building your world and reassigning the specs as you
create stuff.

Thats how I did it, it may or may not work for you. I may have forgotten
something (would not suprise me) but I think thats it.

Good luck,
        Terry