Re: [MYSQL] Crash in parse_object after reading triggers for mobs

From: Artovil (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 11/11/01

At 19:02 2001-11-10 -0800, you wrote:
>On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Artovil wrote:
>
> >   while ((trigger_row = mysql_fetch_row(assigns)))  {
> >     /*
> >      * Something goes wrong here when it assigns the trigger to the mob,
> >      * the mud SIGSEGV's on parse_object at db.c:1637
> >      * #0  parse_object (object_row=0x823d7b8, extradescs=0x8260c28,
> >affects=0x81c7cb8, vnum=106) at db.c:1637
>[...]
> >     dg_read_trigger(trigger_row, &mob_proto[i], MOB_TRIGGER);
>
>Can you confirm 'i' is accurate?

I haven't changed the mob_proto[i] in there from my previous version, I
merely altered the function to use MySQL instead.  I think it has something
to with memory corruption, obviously, but I have a feeling it is either
when I read in data and somewhere do not allocate space, or it is my query
strings that leak.  So 'i' should be accurate and does not cause any
trouble anywhere else.

>Try adding '-lefence' to LIBS in Makefile as well.  Then run CircleMUD
>again.  With luck, it'll crash where the problem is instead of the
>symptom.  If that doesn't work, try:
>
>   EF_PROTECT_BELOW=1 bin/circle -c

I do not have, not sure about the name, Electric Fence, on my server, since
I have it hosted.  I will see what I can do about that though.  I am
downloading right now to see if I can run it there...  I have now added the
library (I *think*) by doing this:

-L/home/a/arcanere/utils/ElectricFence-2.1/libefence.a
That might be wrong, if so, tell me how to set it, perhaps I can add it to
.tcshrc somewhere?  I also added EF_PROTECT_BELOW=1 to my .tcshrc.  I
couldn't use -lefence since I installed it myself...

Well, with some tracing I solved it now, and I appear to have everything
working.

I could still need some help with setting up efence correctly so that I
have it working from now.

Thank you for all the help!

Confused as always.  I am surprised you even put up with me.  Remind me not
to code with fever and the flu again, m'kay?  Well, everything is well now.

Thank you folks!

Kind regards,
7torgny