Re: Memory corruption in file_to_string and file_to_string_alloc?

From: Mike Breuer (
Date: 11/13/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Greer" <greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG>

> >Personally, I don't like keeping around pointers to memory that is no
> >valid, and I think that a better fix would be in show_string(..)
> Both would be nice.

Well, if we're talking about fixing the stock code, I would actually
recommend the two previously mentioned changes in modify.c, and then going
through and changing the places where showstr_count was used in conditionals
to instead test for showstr_vector == NULL.  A quick grep revealed only
about 4-5 places that would need to be checked/updated.