Re: [CODE] Recall option

From: Karl B Buchner (zerker@juno.com)
Date: 01/07/02

> Im runing a default circle 2 codebase off a slack box.  I am looking
> install a "recall" command (similar to rom) which when typed
> transports the
> suer back to a certain room, most likely a temple.  What kind of
> code would
> I need to do this and what file would I put it in?
>
> Andrew

First, get rid of circle 2 and get circle 3, they updated it for a
reason...
it is better, more functional, and bugs are fixed.  Even better, get
one of the bundles that can be found in the contrib/servers section
of the ftp.  These are usualy stock circle with numerous useful
patches added.

recall command code (there is a recall spell that does exactly what
you are speaking of) put this in act.movement.c
ACMD(do_recall){
  act("$n disappears.", TRUE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
  char_from_room(ch);
  char_to_room(ch, r_mortal_start_room);
  act("$n appears in the middle of the room.", TRUE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
  look_at_room(victim, 0)
}

in interpreter.c, at the top, add
ACMD(do_recall);
and under the master command list, add
{ "recite"   , POS_RESTING , do_use      , 0, SCMD_RECITE },
+{"recall" , POS_STANDING, do_recall , 0, 0},

Blaize
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.