Re: Player File

From: Artovil (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 01/15/02

At 21:41 2002-01-14 -0600, you wrote:
>sorta
> > > >
> > > has anyone ever written a program to load the binary into
> > > ascii? wouldnt be real hard, just wondering if someone alrdy did it?
> >         You mean, to convert from binary to ascii?
> >
>I mean, a program that can load a binary player file into circle, then
>prints out the data in text form (either into a file, or onto the screen).

What I'd do, since I am all for hacks when it comes to temporary
conversions, is that I'd just stick the save_char stuff that writes down
the ascii stuff into the old binary save_char code and have it write down
an ASCII file as well, problem solved.  Then you just strip the binary
one.  That is an easy hack solution.  I am sure it is easy enough to write
a script, for a veritable UNIX programmer guru, that takes care of the
conversion, but that is so beyond my current knowledge.

Regards,
/Artovil