Re: height and weight

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 04/29/02

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Edward J Glamkowski wrote:

>Height is in centimeters but weight is in pounds?!?
[...]
>Any reason we have metric for one measurement and imperial for the
>other?  I don't care which one you choose, but would it be possible
>to make it consistent in future versions?

It's that way because Diku did it that way and we've never changed it. I've
been adding comments around various code lately so it became noticeable.
It'll most likely change later but not right now due to the conversion
requirement (see below).

If you want to change the units then change the identify spell's text, the
random generation, and all the existing players.  Weight is only ever used
to make a corpse and printed in the identify spell.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org