Unsolved Mysterious Crashes

From: Jason Yarber (JasonYarber@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/29/02

I've been programming for a long time, and I've come to rely upon log files and core dumps to tell me what's wrong. But I've got something of an unsolved mystery here.
The mud I'm working on is crashing at random times, for no reason what so ever.  No core dumps, and nothing in the log files to tell me what's wrong.  It's crashing even when I'm the only person logged on(and i'm not doing anything).  Like I said, this is a rather confusing situation, cause it doesn't seem to be caused by anyone who's
logging on.  I'd give you more information, if I had more, but that's all I have.  My question is this.  What could cause a mud to crash like this?  I know that's a general question, and probably has a lot of different responses.  But to be honest, I've come to the end of my rope here, and will look through every response I get.  I don't care how stupid your responses sound, I'll still investigate them.  If you want to save on spam to the circle mud mailing list, feel free to email me directly at JasonYarber@hotmail.com