Re: docs

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 05/05/02

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Edward J Glamkowski wrote:

> I'd also like to state my preference that the documentation in the
> docs directory be reverted to the simple text format.

For what it's worth, from ChangeLog:

-- ae - doc: Added the new pdf versions of the documents that have
                outdated all of the prior text files.  With this patch
                level, most of the documents are (unfortunately) only
                available in PDF format, but with Patch Level 21, they
                will be available in text and html also.

So the plan has always been to have text as an option.

> ...but it is a pain to update with my own changes to the mud.

Render to text and edit there.  Admittedly, this is (a tiny bit)
inconvenient, but certainly not prohibitively so and, of course, it's not
permanent.

-dak