Re: [SEMI LONG] [NEWBIE] [OPINION] 2cp worth

From: Mathew Earle Reuther (graymere@zipcon.net)
Date: 06/26/02

> Ack!  Hmm, American in the Netherlands.  Should make an interesting book
> itself :)  Anywho, all companies charge extra for sending to Netherlands?
>
> Why?

Apparently to shaft non-dutch readers? :)  Essentially I think that it's
mostly to do with the shipping costs.  They're generally 2-4x as much, and
when they come in through a brick and mortar operation, it seems as if
there's a surcharge on pretty much anything published in another language.

Makes it sort of difficult to find things to read, that's for sure!  (I
can buy a novel for 8eu if I want to read it in dutch, or 12-14eu for the
same in english . . .)

-Mathew