[Newbie][Code] Help on whois

From: Kevin Dethlefs (demortes@msn.com)
Date: 08/25/02

After putting in the whois function in act.informative.c and putting the
proper things in for interpreter, i get these warnings:

act.informative.c:1869: warning: passing arg 2 of `load_char' from
incompatible pointer type
act.informative.c:1870: warning: implicit declaration of function
`store_to_char'

Those are not the reason I am emailing the list though. When it goes to link
the .o files (i think its when they link) I get this error:

act.informative.o: In function `do_whois':
/home4/demortes/dnal/src/act.informative.c:1870: undefined reference to
`store_to_char'

If you could help me fix both the warnings and the errors, I would
appreciate it. I will include the function right below:

ACMD(do_whois)
{
   const char *immlevels[LVL_IMPL - (LVL_IMMORT-1)] = {
   "[Immortal]",
   "[God]",
   "[Builder]",
   "[Builder]",
   "[Unknown]",
   "[Unknown]",
   "[Unknown]",
   "[Unknown]",
   "[Head Builder]",
   "[Admin]",
};

   struct char_data *victim = 0;
   struct char_file_u tmp_store;
   skip_spaces(&argument);

   if (!*argument) {
   send_to_char("Who?\r\n", ch);
} else {
   CREATE(victim, struct char_data, 1);
   clear_char(victim);
   if (load_char(argument, &tmp_store) > -1) {
   store_to_char(&tmp_store, victim);
   *buf = '\0';

   if (GET_LEVEL(victim) >= LVL_IMMORT)
   sprintf(buf + strlen(buf), "%s %s %s\r\n",
   immlevels[GET_LEVEL(victim)-LVL_IMMORT], GET_NAME(victim),
GET_TITLE(victim));

   else if (GET_LEVEL(victim) < LVL_IMMORT)
   sprintf(buf + strlen(buf), "Level %d %s - %s %s\r\n",
   GET_LEVEL(victim), CLASS_ABBR(victim), GET_NAME(victim),
GET_TITLE(victim));

   send_to_char(buf, ch);
} else {
   send_to_char("There is no such player.\r\n", ch); }
   free(victim); }}

Kevin Dethlefs
AIM: Demortes YAHOO: Kdeathwish MSN: Above email WEBSITE:
http://max.extendedgamer.net/
GET MY PGP KEY AT: http://www.geocities.com/kdeathwish/pubpgp.txt
--
Dnal lives! If you were on the staff originally, email me your mud name,
position, and I'll get back to you. Demortes@msn.com