Re: Proposal for the skills array

From: George Greer (
Date: 11/04/02

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, George Greer wrote:

>Mobiles don't have skills unless you've changed something fundamental

Somebody remind me to not answer e-mail at 2am when I've had 4 hours of
sleep the previous night. *sigh*

Anyway, just allocating the array itself would be best if you want to make
your mobiles imitate players more.  A linked-list approach adds complexity
that is realized if you have a sparse skill list.  It'll depend on the MUD
whether you use enough skills on mobiles to make it worth it.  If you run
the mobiles through the player advance_level() function and given them
classes then it's likely just the array.

George Greer