Re: [DG] Problem with add_room, help needed

From: Torgny Bjers (
Date: 11/12/02

On 02-11-12 21.34, "Torgny Bjers" <artovil@ARCANEREALMS.ORG> wrote:

> On 02-11-12 21.03, "Torgny Bjers" <artovil@ARCANEREALMS.ORG> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am running a "heavily" modified CircleMUD bpl20-21 (still converting
>> send_to_char instances :]) with DG Scripts 0.99 pl8 and OasisOLC 2.0.1.
>> When I upgraded to DG Scripts pl8 I discovered something really odd.
>> Whenever I add a room, either through redit, or through dig, a call goes to
>> add_room, of course.  Before, this worked flawlessly, now I get errors on
>> script variables that have been assigned to rooms.  I am assuming that it
>> has something to do with the rnum of the room, or something to that effect,
>> and the lines I have isolated as the cause of this are:
> [snip]
> Sorry for replying to my own message...
> I removed the lines mentioned, and then it works just like before.
> I am going to do some debugging and tracing inside extract_script and
> assign_triggers as well, and if I find anything, I will post it.  Perhaps
> this has been addressed in the pl9 patch, will verify that as well.

Another go...

Ok, I think I know what happens now.  extract_script() removes the entire
trigger storage on the room, and if I am not entirely incorrect, the trigger
variables are stored in the same storage space.  Hence, once the room's
triggers have been extracted the vars will not exit on the room any longer.
Either we need a way to reassign the variables that have been assigned
through zedit, or we skip the reassignment of the triggers altogether.


   | FAQ: |
   | Archives: |
   | Newbie List:   |

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : 06/25/03 PDT