[NEWBIE] Question about patchlevels

From: Ross Phillips (nesper@iprimus.com.au)
Date: 01/01/03

Hi peeps,
I got my stock circle from:
ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/3.x/Old-Betas/circle30bpl21.tar.gz
which I believe to be circle 3.0 bpl21 as the filename suggests (and the
changelog within it says: "Version 3.00 beta pl20 release: January 15,
2002"), however when I run it and either monitor it from my shell (using
bin/circle instead of autorun) or if I type version from withing the game,
it tells me:
"CircleMUD, version 3.00 beta patchlevel 19"
erm... so I was wondering if anyone can confirm wether I have bpl 19 or bpl
21 ??

Any feedback on this would be apreciated.

also,
Adam Scriven wrote:
--snip--
>I've been thinking about adding smokeables to my MUD, similar to
drinkables.
>.....but I
>haven't seen anything like this.  Is there any code available, or should I
>just start plugging away and seeing what happens?
--end snip---

I have seen  packable and smokeable pipes on a mud once with different types
of herbs which when packed into a pipe and smoked would restore mana or
other such things depending on the herb, but i never saw anyone on the mud
so i've since forgotten the name of it. If I do happen accross it again I'll
be sure to let you know. I'd like to see something similar available on my
mud eventually, but it's least on my priororities list right now (not to
mention far out of reach of my current coding skills for the time being),
but if I were you, I would prolly start out by taking a close look at the
"assemblies patch'" I saw in
ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code/commands/ , also
"act.create" and "brew.text"
ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code/skills/  might hold some
ideas for you, hope they help.

Anyways, sorry if rambled on too much and thanks in advance for anyone who
who attempts to answer my question.

Ross.

Ps. Thanks to Vladimir "Rovlad" Romanov who gave me the answer to fix my
autosac problem.