Re: [OasisOLC] Addition For 2.3

From: Jordan Naas (jmn_223@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: 01/14/03

On 14 Jan 2003 17:53:51 Torgny Bjers <artovil@arcanerealms.org> wrote:

----------------------------snip-----------------------------------
I think you should give this 2.2 release of OasisOLC at good go of half a
year or so, and several patch releases before you put ANY new features in,
and I am sure that a lot of other people agree.  Otherwise you'll just have
SMAUG all over again.

I don't care about the "features" at all, they are entirely secondary.

I care about stability.  And as it stands now, I have less faith in the
stability of Oasis than I used to, especially since you seem to spend more
time thinking up features than you do actually fixing the bugs already
present in the system, not to mention the bugs created by said features.

----------------------------snip-----------------------------------

I just wanted to say that i personally disagree with these statements.  I
would like to see the new features added and we can all help Mythran debug
Oasis as the development goes along.  Certainly adding new features will
likely create new bugs but(not that i am trying to speak for Mythran or
anything) nothing says that he cannot debug and add new features at the
same time. And Personally I think we should all just be glad that _someone_
is doing development on oasis at all.  Thanks Mythran. I also don't think
we have to worry about it being another Smaug.  He would have to purposely
put bugs in for that to happen. He he. Thats my two cents.

Jordan Naas