Re: [newbie] syserr

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/22/03

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, clive screwtape wrote:

> > CircleMUD is seeing room #500, which is above the zone with real
> > number 0 (0.zon in stock), but below the zone with real number 1
> > (9.zon in stock).
>
>   i didn't see a room#1 in 9.wld, and i didn't have this problem when
> i wrote 4.wld,

Read more carefully, please.  CircleMUD is seeing the *ROOM* with VIRTUAL
number 500, which is above the range of rooms for the *ZONE* with REAL
number 0 (0.zon in stock), but below the range of rooms for the *ZONE*
with REAL number 1 (9.zon in stock).

This is precisely what the error message means.  Arbitrarily renumbering
things won't resolve it.  Please read and understand the explanation above
and its implications.  One of those implications is that you *CANNOT* have
zoneless rooms.  The error is that your room is above the range for the
current zone, but below the range for the next; thus, either your zones
are out of order (as I believed) or you simply don't have a zone for it at
all (as is true).

This means 4.wld also needs a zone, despite the fact that it only has one
room in it.  Only a small bug has spared you thus far.

-dak