Re: stupid newbie question

From: Ja vel Bosdal (nivek@gate.net)
Date: 03/10/95

Hmmm.. Well, not all unix systems are created equal.. In fact, the one we
use 'Solaris' doesnt even have a patch command..  Its possible the
command is different for 'diff' on your system..  We have to use diff and
have it output a script for 'ed' to use in order to patch our code.  If
you have a linux book, try to find out if there is a similiar command.

A side note, I tried to install patches on my other account, and they
seemed to lock up as well.. would have to kill the task cause it would
just sit there and do nothing for about 10 minutes.. and that is with the
patch command.

God against man, man against God, man against nature, God against man, man
against God, man against nature, nature against man, nature against God,
             God against nature...very funny religion!