Re: 2 questions

From: Jason Dinkel (jdinkel@slate.Mines.Colorado.EDU)
Date: 03/25/95

At 11:45 PM 3/24/95, Michael K. Lee wrote:

>1)  Anyone know how Jeremy fixed the board so that it accepts
>    the '@' symbol on a newline?  Was it due to delete_doublespace?
>    I have traced it to modify.c.  And, the '@' symbol change
>    was not in nanny.c.  Why would it be there?  Because the
>    player writes on the desc first?  It's in modify.c, where
>    it looks for the termination command.  But, how did
>    Jeremy write it so that it accepts the @ on a newline?

I can answer this.  In string_add the code checks for @.  This is done
because in the game_loop, if the descriptor has str set, then string_add
is called instead of the interpreter.

>2)  How did Jeremy make it so that while writing/mailing,
>    you don't see spam all over the screen from other
>    people gossiping, talking, ...  I know it is
>    due to the flag PLR_WRITING.  Does anyone know exactly
>    where the if PLR_FLAGGED(ch, PLR_WRITING) is?
>    actually, i think the first arg should be vict 8-)

Probably the same thing.  Just search for that d->str or something like
that in the descriptor data(I forget).  You will find lots of locations
and some of those will be where the string gets set and you enter the
string editor.  Therefore, it probably is NOT the PLR_WRITING flag but
instead that character pointer.

Don't take this as gospel, read the code yourself and try to understand it.

-Jason