Re: This mail does not mention the word 'flame' once.

From: Alastair Neil (ajn@essex.ac.uk)
Date: 04/19/95

>On Tue, 18 Apr 1995, Anthony Spataro wrote:
>
>> The other mod took me quite a while to figure out; I did quite a few
>> stupid things and learned quite a bit about the source before I got it
>> right.  What it does is combine objects of the same type when displaying
>> lists of objects, i.e.
>>
>> a smoking joint
>> a smoking joint      becomes        [3] a smoking joint
>> a smoking joint

I did something similar, but my mod compresses the whole output stream
by searching the buffer for consecutive identical lines. Thus I have:

(5*) A cityguard is standing here.

and

(6*) A cityguard massacers you with his hit to the body.

etc. reduces spam in combat.

to compress object lists and mob lists I just sort the lists so all the
like objects
and mobs are next to each other.

--
Ich habe Dinge gesehen, die ihr Menschen niemals glauben wuerdet. Gigantische
Schiffe, die brannten draussen vor der Schulter des Orion. Und ich habe