Re: autowiz.c

From: DragonMUD [iii1.iii.net 4000] [199.232.40.10 4000 (data@iii1.iii.net)
Date: 04/19/95

		- David 'Dave' Berthiaume of DragonMUD [iii1.iii.net 4000]
data@iii1.iii.net                      | eagle@virek.worcester.com
eagle@ec68.residence.gatech.edu        | david.berthiaume@swcbbs.com

> I'm not necessarily breathing down his neck, or shooting flames.  But,
> it's annoying to have someone asking a question when they don't look for
> the answer themselves.  It's like someone asking constant questions about
> how to play your MUD and never typing HELP, just keeps on asking, "What
> does split do?  What does hit do?  What are socials?".  Sure, it's an
> unfair comparison in one way, as he asked only one, but it's not worth
> the bandwidth to post this message, yours, or his when it all could have
> been avoided if he'd of looked.  It also could've been avoided if I
> would've just said the correct answer, but that takes all the fun out of
> it.  I'd go check to make sure I'd answer right, but since the site is
> having problems I can't... :)  Regardless, the sound advise here would be
> to try to figure it out yourself before you bother everyone else with it.
>
> I'm probably mistaken, but it doesn't seem right to ask everyone else for
> assistance on an easy thing to fix...  it was sound advise I gave, sure I
> added a little salt to the wound, but no matter.  Just, in the future,
> I'd appreciate if people would post GOOD questions.  If you joined this
> list to get ideas for your own MUD, how will someone asking a question
> that they didn't even look into help you setup a better MUD?  It won't,
> if they would find the code, and be kind enough to contribute their fixes
> and the like -- then what the hell, might as well share.  But, just don't
> ask questions that you could answer yourself if you'd even bother to LOOK.
>

> Spawn@KrimsonMud
> ...will breathe down someone's neck sooner or later...

I have been gone for a bit so I am catching up.
When I posted that question I had looked. But I am too busy networking my
computers together to do too much looking
I am only on pl3
I can't upgrade cause of hd limitations that is why I am networking.

I like to cause trouble too....:P