Re: 0.name should be player name.....

From: Eric T. Benoit (tiffani@virek.worcester.com)
Date: 04/13/95

On Sat, 1 Apr 1995, Bob Amstadt wrote:

> At 01:50 PM 4/1/95, Chris Herringshaw wrote:
> >It's been a long time since I've done DIKU, but what springs to
> >mind here is the creation of another function.  I assume tell
> >uses a function like find_char_world(), which scans the lists
> >of player and mobiles.  A good solution would be to copy this
> >function into one called find_player_world(), and have
> >the list only check the player list.
>
> Actually, the problem goes beyond just tells.  The summon spell (and I'm
> sure there are others) also has the same problem.

Why don't you try doing something where it looks up names try something like:

if (GET_NAME(tch) == IS_PLAYER) {
send_to_char(blah blah blah)
}
if GET_NAME(tch) != IS_PLAYER) {
send_to_char(blah blah blah)
}

these are not the actuall function names as I do not know those off hand
but something like this should work cuz the if's will force it to look
for players names before mob's names..Hope this helps.

tiffani@virek.worcester.com       | "The same thing we do every night....
tiffani@ftp.worcester.com         |     Try to take over the world..."
muse@virek.worcester.com          |                      -Illuminati-
muse@ftp.worcester.com            |
circle@virek.worcester.com        | nephi@max.tiac.net
circle@ftp.worcester.com          | tiffani@iii1.iii.net
tiffani@tiffani.tiac.net          | nephi@ataxia.confusion.net
"Engage"
               - Captain Jean-Luc Picard , "Star Trek the Next Generation" -