Re: Having a problem with circle 3.0 bpl7

From: Christopher J. Dickey (cdickey@texas.net)
Date: 04/27/95

On Thu, 27 Apr 1995 ribak@acs.bu.edu wrote:

> THe second problem, is in regards to the kings castle area. I dont know
> if this applies to other areas, I havent tested it out. The cleaning
> woman in the castle (janitor proc) always picks up the banner that is
> in some room. The banner is notake, yet she still picks it up.
> I tried setting the weight of the banner to 99999, but the janitor
> again is able to pick it up. Is there anyway to prevent her from
> picking up a no take item?

I reported this bug to Jeremy a while back, though this was before I
subscribed to the mailing list, so someone else has possibly posted it.
Maybe it'll be in the next patch release.  The original code looks like
this (in "cleaning" - castle.c):

  for (i = world[ch->in_room].contents; i; i = i->next_content) {
    if (is_trash(i))
      act("$n picks up some trash.", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
    obj_from_room(i);
    obj_to_char(i, ch);
    return TRUE;
  }

And doing this will solve it:

  for (i = world[ch->in_room].contents; i; i = i->next_content)
    if (is_trash(i)) {
      act("$n picks up some trash.", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
      obj_from_room(i);
      obj_to_char(i, ch);
      return TRUE;
    }