Re: immorting by advance, not xp -Reply

From: Michael Becvar (mbecvar@umr.edu)
Date: 06/21/95

> Has anyone implemented at system to only allow advancement of one
> level at a time? Seems silly for a level 1 person to group with a 50,
> kill some massive mob and instantly be level 12. I like the system
> that only lets you advance 1 level at a time and requires a visit to
> the guildmaster every time to level. I have a pretty good idea how to
> do it but didn't want to reinvent the wheel.
>
> Dennis

I have recognized this problem, the method that exp is distributed when a
moblie is killed could be changed to reflect the level of the players, that
way a higher level player will get a majority of the exp.

I currently don't have a home mud, but one idea that I was working on was
to have some smarter mobiles.  Maybe give them a spec proc that durring a
fight they randomly switch the player they are attacking.  This could be also
added as a skill, where  the player could refocus the mobile they are
attacking that way if a new mobile shows up they could  kill it first.

Another possibility I was considering was giving the mobiles the ability
to recite recall on the leader, or Tank, that way it would be left with some
easier to kill clerics and mages.

These are only in the idea stage, so I don't have the code for either.  I
appologize if these have already been suggested.

G. Willy

Mike Becvar
mbecvar@umr.edu