Re: immorting by advance, not xp -Reply

From: Christopher J. Dickey (cdickey@texas.net)
Date: 06/21/95

On Wed, 21 Jun 1995, Dennis R. Haag wrote:

> Has anyone implemented at system to only allow advancement of one
> level at a time? Seems silly for a level 1 person to group with a 50,
> kill some massive mob and instantly be level 12. I like the system
> that only lets you advance 1 level at a time and requires a visit to
> the guildmaster every time to level. I have a pretty good idea how to
> do it but didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

just go to limits.c and find gain_exp.
  Mine is funkified, but you'll get the gist:

max_gain = ((titles[(int) GET_CLASS(ch)][(int) GET_LEVEL(ch) + 1].exp -
              titles[(int) GET_CLASS(ch)][(int) GET_LEVEL(ch)].exp) / 7);

then in the part that follows:

  if (gain > 0)
    gain = MIN(max_gain, gain); /* put a cap on the max gain per kill */

This above code means they'd need to kill a minimum of 7 mobs to gain a
level.  Obviously this could be changed easily.

					CJD