Re: File Transfer?

From: Ron Poulton (ron@res.com)
Date: 08/07/95

> > thing.  A MUD is meant to serve a game,  ftp daemons are meant to serve
> > files, and as such each is better at their job the the other could ever
> > be :)
>
> Hahaha that's for sure! Imagine writing a ftp daemon that was designed
> like a mud? Hah.. you'd have to wander n,s,e,w,u,d to goto the
> directories.. heh.. you could delete files by typing "kill file", etc,
> etc heh.. Interesting concept :)

There's already a 3D-ftp client that, with the right equipment, lets you
ftp through a VR setup.  A friend of mine had the chance to try one; I
think IBM developed it, I'm not certain.  Rather amusing, actually.  I'd
like to see a MUD developed in this fashion, and I believe I have the
contacts to accomplish such a function.