Re: A Circle 2.2 thingy

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 08/13/95

On Sun, 13 Aug 1995, Ron Poulton wrote:

> Okay, so I would end up executing the debugger, then jumping back into
> the shell while the debugger was on hold and call up CircleMUD?  Would I
> have to execute CircleMUD in the debugger as a background process, or
> could I?

The problem is, you can't really debug unless the debugger is foreground,
and while the debugger is foreground you have to figure out a way to
telnet to the mud.  If gdb has the ability to go into a new shell, you
could run circle, shell out, telnet from the shell, cause the crash, then
exit the shell and you'll be in the debugger.

I highly rcommend learning the ins and outs of gdb as it will make
segmentaion faults much less scary.

Sam