Re: max player limit

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 08/14/95

On Mon, 14 Aug 1995, jared stein wrote:

> Have any of you ever limited the number of players ?
>
> I would like to implement this feature, however when the max player limit
> is reached my gods cannot log in.
>
> I would like for my gods to be able to log in now matter how many over
> the limit it is.
>
> Does anyone have a way or can you provide assistance in doing this.
>
> I am running circle 2.2
> thanks
> jared

I'm not sure if this would work in 2.2, but if I wanted to do the same in
3.0, I'd look into the code that determines when it's full (do a grep on
the max player variable), and change it so instead of turning people
away, it wizlocks the game at a level high enough that only the gods you
want on will get on.  You'll also need a check to turn this off if the
number of players decreases.

This would keep a limit on mortals, but would allow as many gods on as
you've got.

Sam